participate in Salt City Senior Care Advantage, you must be enrolled in a
participating Medicare Advantage plan and designate one of our Primary Care
Physicians at FamilyCare Medical Group to oversee your care. If you are enrolled in a PPO, this designation does not limit your
network access or create the need for a referral – it simply ensures that you
have designated a physician to watch over your care and help facilitate a care
plan for you.
The following are the 2022 Medicare Advantage Plans we work with:
Medicare Enrollment Periods Depending on Your Status
are a patient who will soon be turning 65, you are eligible to participate in an Initial
Enrollment Period determined by your birth month. This period starts three
(3) months prior to your 65th birthday, includes your birth month, and extends
three (3) months after your birth month. It is important to enroll during the Initial Enrollment Period to avoid
any gap in coverage, potential late enrollment penalties, or having to delay
enrollment until the next general enrollment period.
are working past 65, are covered by group health insurance, and plan to retire from work soon, your
separation date from work triggers a Special Enrollment Period, during
which you can enroll in Medicare. You will want to work with your insurance
broker to ensure there are no gaps in coverage.
are currently on Medicare, there is an Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) each year from October
15 through December 7, during which you can compare your options and make or
change your selection. Each year, the health plans review and may change their
benefits and the prescription drug formularies. Many of the changes can be substantial from year to year, and many new
features may be added like dental, vision, hearing aid, over-the-counter
medication subsidies, transportation, and much more. It is prudent to meet annually with a
licensed insurance agent to help review your needs and help you in selecting
the plan that is best for you.
qualify for Extra
Help, also called Low Income Subsidy (LIS), you may join or switch
Medicare Advantage plans once per calendar quarter during the first nine months
of the year. This special election
period can be used once during one of these three periods: January through March, April through June,
and July through September.
you enroll in one of our accepted Medicare Advantage plans and designate one of
our primary care physicians on your enrollment application to oversee your
care, you are automatically enrolled in the Salt City Senior Care Advantage program at no
additional cost. To see a list of
physicians that are part of the program, click here.
To reach a
licensed and certified Medicare insurance broker who understands our program
and is appointed by the insurance companies we are contracted with, you may
utilize one of the following options:
- Call our partner insurance line at (315)232-0013, powered by independent licensed insurance agents. They can help you over the phone or book a face-face appointment with a local broker for you.
- Complete the form below, and a local broker will contact you to help you with your unique situation.
- Attend a Medicare 101 class. The basics of Medicare is taught by our preferred certified insurance brokers in an educational environment. Click here for the upcoming sessions and to register.
- Enroll online. Learn more about the Medicare Advantage plans in your area with our convenient get-a-quote tool. Click here to enroll online or over the phone.